Proofing services include:
- Grammar Check
- Sentence Structure
- Diction Consistency
As authors, we already know what we intend when we write something. Knowing what we intend makes it easier to miss errors in sentence structure and grammar during self-editing. Having a second pair of eyes go over your work nearly always benefits a work.
Proofing services are two cents per word ($0.02USD/word), per round of editing.
Line Editing services include:
- Finding and aiding with plot holes
- Addressing characterization
- Aiding with issues of logic and continuity errors
- Addressing pacing issues
- Working with tone
- Aid with motifs and thematic choices
- Addressing clarity issues
- Noting potential concerns in the way issues are addressed
Line editing is more thorough than proofing, and deals more heavily with overarching concepts throughout an entire piece. It is more involved than copy-editing and proofreading a work. Line editing focuses on clarity, accuracy, plot and characterization concerns, and larger issues which should be resolved before the copy-editing and proofreading stages.
Developmental editing is three cents per word ($0.03USD/word), per round of editing.
Would you like both developmental editing and proofing? The price remains the same!
Citations and Works Cited
Citations and Works Cited
Citation and Works Cited services include:
- Checking citations against your chosen manual of style
- Creating a works cited page and footnotes in your chosen manual of style
- If I’m creating the footnotes, you need to have all the places you used outside information clearly marked in your work
- Double-checking citations against works you’ve used
- You must have your sources available for me to view if I’m to double-check your citations against your sources
I am versed in the Chicago Manual of Style, the American Psychology Association Manual, and the Modern Language Association, but I can use any manual of style so long as you provide it.
Checking and creating citations is $30USD/hour.
Research services include:
- Finding information on your chosen topic
- File of notes and quotes from research articles
- If I can give you the full book/journal/etc., I will do so
- Double-check your research and compare it to your sources
- In order to do compare research to your sources, I will need access to your research or work, as well as your sources
- Organized documents concerning your research topics
- Cited sources for all information I provide in the manual of style you choose
- Suggestions for further research topics where applicable
Every work can benefit from research. Scholarly and non-fiction work often requires it, but even fiction can benefit from a researched understanding of the topics the work is fictionalizing.
Research services are $30USD/hour.
Indexing services include:
- Developing a suggested list of index terms
- Indexing terms
- Making certain references to the term that may not use the exact word are still in the index
- Fixing errors in an automatically created index
A human editor is often needed to go through the index and make sure an automated index is free of errors and includes all the references to the indexed terms.
Please note that if you would like me to create the list of indexed terms for your work, I will also require time to become familiar with your work and sometimes with index terms common in your field.
Creating a list of index terms and an index for your work costs $30USD/hour.
If the work you want edited is for a school project, please keep in mind that most schools have rules regarding professional editing. Some universities don’t allow it at all.
When sending a school project to me, please also send me a written note from your professor or an appropriate member of administration stating that receiving the type of help you’re requesting is acceptable. (If there is a note in your school’s plagiarism rules or similar code of conduct that allows editing, that is also acceptable.) For example, some schools may allow help with proofing, but not with the creation of your works cited.
So long as you have permission from your professor, I’d be glad to help with your school projects.
Do you need another service to help edit your work? Please contact me, and we’ll discuss your project and what I can help you with.
Do you need your work by a particular date? Please tell me immediately, as my prices may go up if I need to work more than 40 hours a week to complete the work. I may also not be able to take the job if you have a large work and need it in a very short time.
Please inform me of all due dates before I begin the work.
Once we agree on the scope of services, I will send you a contract which will detail the service to be provided and a payment schedule. Once you complete final payment, the contract is considered complete and all copyright on my marks transfers to you.
I will send an invoice by email. Payment is completed through Paypal.